Sunday, October 4, 2015

Almost a year later

We're back at the lake house for the first time since November last year. 

The place is in great shape. Upon arrival we dusted, swept, and vacuumed the place and it's really pretty good. Most of the dishes and silverware were packed away in plastic totes, so it was a quick start up.

It's Oklahoma after all, there's always bugs - but almost none in the house this time.  Some mouse crap, but nothing we can't clean up and take care of.

Tomorrow we're heading to "Sherriland".  I have to keep biting my tongue to stop from saying "the cabin" - yeah, 'cause uh - that ain't there.

Will meet with the bulldozer guy and get a price and a time frame for putting him to work.  The thinking is that I'll have him scrape the old cabin site (to prep for the new cabin site).  Maybe push the whole pile off the hill and bury it in the empty pond.  

Along with that - clean up our road, fix the damn in the quarry pond (big job), and maybe make the deer pond bigger. We'll see.

I also have a contractor coming out to talk about what he can do to get started on the new place.  In a perfect world I'd like  to get the footers dug and poured, a slab poured, and concrete blocks delivered.  Then I can work on stacking at my leisure.

No comments:

Post a Comment