Monday, October 7, 2013

out with the old

If all goes well I'll have power by the end of the week, hopefully in time for Sherri to come home.  so it was time to get serious about getting the old solar panels off the roof.

From this










To this
















To panels resting comfortably by the back of the small shed.

I know you're working on the roof you're really working at floor level. Harder than I expected, hard on the knees, hard on the back, and the floor is a long way away for a guy with a gut.

Rusted and corroded nuts and bolts I had to work off with a couple of fits all wrenches. The bolts were too close to the angle iron to use a ratchet. I ended up turning on the power and using my angle grinder to chop the last few.

Don't even ask how I got them off the roof. The priorities? Don't damage the truck. Don't damage the panels. Don't friggin hurt yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment