Saturday, November 16, 2013

Mini projects, and working my way down the list

Haven't exactly been knocking out the projects over the last few days.  With time spent in stands, and trying hard not to start anything I can't finish, I've been picking away at the edges.


Traded away the old diesel generator, I have no idea how to fire it up anyway. That left me with more space in the shed, and I patched the holes used for hoses and exhaust.


Cleaned and swept the shed and decided to get serious about getting the rat out of our lives. He ceased being cute and cuddly when he started crapping on everything.


Sorry for the graphic pic, but I wanted to show the winning combination. I wrapped the "trigger" with fabric and slathered it with peanut butter. Last time he just ate the peanut butter off the trigger without tripping the trap. Then used a lag bolt to fasten the trap to the floor. This made him have to gnaw and pull on the fabric - and die. Pretty good sized bugger too - at least twice as big as any squirrel I've seen in Oklahoma.

Tried again at fishing (not even sure what that thing is).  Used a yoyo on a tree and tried jugging the other side.  I think our smallest hooks are too big for the fish we have.


Cracked open a fresh tin of 54r...


...changed oil in the Raider...



Finished dragging the rotten old battery box away from the house - and the many years of rotten old leaves and sticks...


...it took all night and every drop of used motor oil, but burned all of that stuff to nothing.

Neighbor Mike went crazy with a hand ratchet and took down 30 more sections of fence.  That's 450 sheet metal screws - Thanks Mike!
I hauled it up the hill and sorted it into "clean pieces to use on the roof" and "cruddy pieces to use for skirting".



All neatly stacked on the North side of the house (where the wind shouldn't send it flying like a bunch of giant razor blades).





...and of course, ROCKED THE HOUSE!
(that's funny you see because there are actual ROCKS along the skirting around the house.  Get it?  Oh, never mind. sigh)


No comments:

Post a Comment