Friday, November 8, 2013

Power and Paint

I'll get into the details later, but I managed to turn a 20 minute project into a four day project - and it involved PAINT.  Painting is possibly the biggest time sink on the planet, and I find that the more painting I do the less I enjoy it. Thus rush through in more of a "slathering" than an accepted "painting" operation.

That said, one of the to do list items was staring me in the face as I wrapped up the other project. ..
Hard to take pride in the DWP with equipment looking like that. 


The propane guy had pointed out the blackening on the tank. "That's not from a fire on the ground, that's from the sun baking your tank!"  Looked at me like I was mildly retarded and said "you gotta paint this tank".  "Golly mister, I'll get right on that."

So, a little more than two months later:

Painted the deep sea diver helmet too


So this was not a cosmetic project, but to improve the efficacy and to extend the life of the tank. ...but it does look a little better...

Will post a final pic when the finishing touches are in place.

It's important that we acknowledge the brave volunteers who willingly gave their lives to complete this project. We will remember you - for as long as your crunchy little corpses remain stuck to our propane tank. 





No comments:

Post a Comment