Sunday, September 22, 2013

Chilly Mornings, Cool Days

After weeks of crazy heat, and a month of no rain - Fall is here in a big way. Mornings are below 60, I'll have to think about firing up the heater in the next few days.

I got to talk to my daughter and grandson on skype yesterday, and talk to Sherri via video on we chat. Otherwise, its crazy quiet here. 

I picked up another 200 gallons of water, which pretty much maxed out the Nissan. It was still safe, but at the limit of safety for me. 
Still trying to finish up the food before it goes bad. Big pile of bacon and eggs.   I mixed the bacon grease with 2 gallons of corn and stirred it up. Then left it out for the bear. 

I'm really not willing to bring in five hundred pounds of food a week for the bear. But I think if I leave him something every couple days to keep him interested he'll stick around. I've done corn mixed with honey, and put out some old bread that had dried up also with honey, and now the bacon flavored corn. I think he's eating better than most of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment